The award-winning international hotel group The Residence Group and its newly built propertyTheResidence Zanzibar iscurrently seeking to recruit highly dedicated, creative, dynamic and experienced individual to fill the following positions.
1. Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Ensure that furnishings and installations are in good condition in the rooms otherwise takes appropriate measures
- Receives report on rooms allocated to tours operators from EAM and plans allocation of rooms.
- Liaise with Front Office Manager to keep inform of rooms status.
- Passing on of business and operating information to all Team Members and monitoring the implementation of the directives
- Ensure high level of quality services are delivered to guests at all times in the department
- Handling and monitoring of guests complaints and the relevant follow up action required
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Management and control of all areas of housekeeping, including laundry, guest rooms, public area and parts of the back of house
- Passing on information to other departments on housekeeping matters, in particular technology, front desk and food & beverages
- Frequently check on inspections made by Assistant and Floor Supervisors, and more particularly she will check the public areas and staff changing rooms.
- Ensure Front Office Areas are in a good state of maintenance and cleanliness
- Assist the F/O Manager in the supervision of all aspects of Front Office operations established standards.
- Produce all administrative and statistical reports required by the F/ O Manager
- Assist F/O Manager in the annual vacation plan and time keeping reports
- Ensure that all complaints are immediately followed up on and communicated to the relevant departments and resolved within 24 hours
- Ensure that all front office staff demonstrate proactive and enthusiastic guest care
- Ensure that a complete and updated guest history system is maintained
- Ensure that Team Leaders always action all procedures as set down in the Shift Procedures
- Ensure that structured handovers and briefing are carried out for each shift
- Ensure that staff are rostered in accordance with Business needs and the Training Activities within the Hotel
- Supervise staff behavior and take immediate corrective action when below Hotel standards
- Assist the F/O Manager in the systematic appraisal of all F/O employees
• Control hotel room inventory and assist in room sales efforts of the hotel
• Review office performance for quality, accuracy and standardization
• Maintain up-to-date information on villa inventory
• Coordinate room sales efforts with the Sales Department by advising room availability
• Report booked dates to appropriate people or offices
• Ensure effective communication and co-operation between Reservations Department and all other departments of the hotel
• Ensure effective communication with our guests
• Handling of reservations by telephone and fax
• Handling of group and banqueting enquiries
4. Restaurant Manager
• Keeps monthly inventory of equipment and utensils for control purposes
• Monthly analysis of food costs and F&B breakages and provide reports accordingly
• Take over full responsibility for the entire Cash Float
• Increase sales figures by new sales channels by motivating and training service Team Members
• To promote incremental sales revenue for the restaurant
• Adhere to departmental operating expenses as laid out in the budgets/forecast.
• Compile departmental work schedules and manage departmental payroll in line with budgets
• Ensure high level of quality services are delivered to guests at all times within the restaurant as per standards
• Handling and monitoring of guests complaints and the relevant follow up action required
• To perform F&B Administrative tasks and rosters to the required proficiency level.
• To work closely with the Executive Chef & F&B Manager for the implementation of menus, buffets and other F&B service offers.
• The ideal candidate must possess a Diploma or higher level in the relevant field, excellent communication and computer skills.
• Not less than two years working experience.
If you confidently believe you possess the relevant professional qualifications and relevant competences to match these positions, please submit your application with your detailed CV, proofs of qualifications and experience and details of 2 referees to:
P.O BOX 2404
Or through the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should reach us by latest 30/06/2011