ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANT POSITIONS
The Institute of Accountancy Arusha has several vacant positions to be filled. Qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for any of these open vacancies.
1. Associate Professor (1 Post) – in one of the following field of study – IT
(Computer Science, Software Engineering).
Holder of a PhD degree in the relevant field from recognized higher learning Institutions with at least three years of satisfactory teaching experience at Senior Lecturer level and has published at least 11 peer reviewed papers which upon evaluation score at least 11 cumulative points.
- Conduct formal training; provides leadership in a discipline or in a
- specific multi-disciplinary project conducted by the Institute;
- Provide personal guidance and advice to clients in the field; Undertakes large consultancy projects; Provides guidance to members of staff; Prepares and publishes papers and books in relevant fields; Undertakes research assignments; Undertakes supervision of postgraduate students.
Holder of a PhD or LLM in Law from recognized higher learning Institutions with at least three years relevant teaching experience in a higher learning institution. Must have published at least three peer reviewed papers.
Undertakes formal teaching; Solves specific problems;
Undertakes action oriented research and consultancy projects; Develops comprehensive case studies; Provides guidance to members of staff; Supervises students’ projects.
3. Assistant Lecturers (6 Posts) – in one of the following field of study:
Taxation - 1, Banking and Risk Analysis - 1, Business Management (Entrepreneurship - 1), Informatics (Database and Networking - 1), General Studies (Communication Skills -1, Development Studies - 1)
A Master’s degree in relevant field of study from recognized higher learning institution.
Conducts lecturers, research, tutorial seminars; Prepare case studies; Works in cooperation with senior members of staff on specific
projects such as research and consultancy;
Supervises students’ projects.
4. Tutorial Assistants (2 Posts) – Statistics - 1, Taxation - 1
First degree or equivalent qualifications (honours) in the first or upper second class division of at least 3.8 GPA from recognized higher learning institutions.
This position is mostly for new recruits who are in a training situation thus their duties are mainly concerned with;
Assist in teaching, research and consultancy Projects; Undertakes tutorials; Understudy senior members to acquire skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Those who meet the above requirements may apply to the undersigned not later than 17th June, 2011. All applications must be accompanied by relevant authentic copies of certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and names and address of three referees.
INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANCY ARUSHA
P.O. BOX 2798