Database Software Developer
to help us design a high quality and user-friendly Children’s Database
Amani is a Tanzanian NGO working for over 300 street children. Its main office and children’s home are located in Moshi, North Tanzania. See also: http://www.amanikids.org
The Children’s Database should be an intelligent software package that will help Amani’s interdepartmental communication, work planning, and efficiency in helping children come up in life.
We expect this will be a part-time assignment (3 days a week) for a period of 6 months. This work is expected to start soon, before 1st September 2011. The software developer will have to be based in or close to Moshi during this period.
Naturally, Amani wants its funds to reach directly to the children as much as possible. We therefore have limited funds available for this project. Negotiations are possible.
Required Skills for database developer
· Must be equally adapt in and comfortable with new application development.
· Understanding of object oriented programming, programming using classes, and other structured programming principles.
· Write well-documented code, and substantial experience in debugging code.
· Advance diploma in IT or equivalent; or a Certification in PHP web development, graphics and software. Degrees in Computer Science, IT, software engineering, web development, and programming are preferred.
· Strong communication skills.
Please send us serious proposals and your experience, before July 15th.
Please note that this is a temporary, but benefit eligible position. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you - then we look forward to hearing from you. Please apply directly to email@example.com