UNDP Tanzania wishes to recruit a suitable Tanzanian national to fill the position of ICT Associate for the UN Sub-Office in Zanzibar. The incumbent provides ICT services, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Associate works in close collaboration with the office team in the Sub Office, and the ICT team in UNDP CO in Dar for resolving complex ICT-related issues, collaborates with other agencies’ Head Offices, ICT Managers and other ICT Staff in Dar.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the position can be viewed at www.tz.undp.org
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification).
- University Degree in Computer Science desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience in the ICT field, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency (verbal and written) in English and Kiswahili is required.
Mode of application:
Interested candidates are encouraged to read the detailed Terms of Reference and complete the UN Personal History Form (Form P.11) obtainable at www.tz.undp.org. The letter of application, the completed Form P.11 and relevant copies of academic transcripts should be forwarded to: The Human Resources Unit, UNDP Office, P.O. Box 9182 Dar es Salaam or through E-mail: email@example.com not later than 22 June 2011. The post title must be indicated on the envelope or on the E-mail subject.
Qualified women are stronlgy encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.