Faida Market Link - Arusha
Faida MaLi is a non-profit organization with a mission of empowering women and men in rural Tanzania to access markets through capacity building of community based organizations and the implementation of market linkage approaches in order to increase income and create employment opportunities in rural areas. Faida MaLi is a fast growing organisation that is (inter) nationally recognised as an important player in market linkage and value chain development targeting small scale farmers.
POSITION: FIELD OFFICER)
Job Purpose: To carry out the training and market linkage programmes in the district.
CORE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To promote market linkage
- To identity and select farmers for contract farming and training programs
- To develop and conduct training programmes
- To develop and guide Business opportunities
- 5. To deliver extension and advisory work
- 6. To contribute to monitoring effectiveness and impact
3. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOUR COMPETENCIES
· A Diploma in one of the following fields: Agriculture, Economics, or Business management plus advanced specialized training and experience relevant to the field of marketing Linkage
· Wide experience and knowledge in training rural communities on BAT, Farmers Producer Group formation and strengthening, Agricultural Extension and research and adult leaning techniques.
· A thorough knowledge of issue concerning farmers and their farmers procedure groups, Market Access for the poor and market linkage contracts managements.
· Computer literate in Word Processing , Excel.
· Social Skills
· Practical Approach
· Planning and organising
· Oral and written communication
· Developing others
If you are interested, send your electronic application and CV to email@example.com before the 22nd of June 2011.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.