SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR (Ref.No.SQS/nhc/1) – RE-ADVERTISED
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will report to the Chief Quantity Surveyor and has overall responsibility for preparing various Quantity Surveying works including in costs and budgetary estimates from sketch drawings and Bill of Quantities for the works.
Specific duties include:
• Assist in establishing and preparation of clients requirements, undertaking feasibility studies, specification and contract document
• Prepare and manage projects cash flows and performance indicators, and manage and evaluate variations.
• Prepare evaluations and cost projections of the assignment to meet requirements of works in progress
• Inspect site for collation of information for monthly statement which includes but not limited to recommendation on interim payments, statement of claims from contractor, anticipated claims from contractor and assessment of costs of works and expected final cost.
• Prepare Projects Risk Management and Value Management Systems and manage implementation
• Prepare variation orders through site visits to record information on claims and variations.
• Prepare project close out report in coordination with the project team
Qualifications and Experience
The applicants should posses at least a Degree in Quantity Surveying or its equivalent qualification with a minimum of 7 years experience in pre-and post-construction quantity surveying services including 3 post qualification work experience. He/She must be registered by the professional body, and have extensive knowledge and experience in costing and estimating all kinds of building projects, including design and build arrangements. In addition, he/she should have substantial experience on large scale developments. Familiarity with Contract Administration and working experience with FIDIC forms of contract will be an added advantage. He/She must have IT skills including experience on estimating, billing and project management software.
Very attractive REMUNERATION package is offered as per NHC scheme of Service.If you think you meet the job requirement, please apply in strictly confidence indicating post you are applying to the undersigned enclosing an application letter, photocopies of certified relevant certificates and names of two referees.
Closing date is 15th June, 2011.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
NATIONAL HOUSING CORPORATION