IT and Database Specialist
The Foundation for Civil SocietyDate Listed: 23/05/2011
Area: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 06/06/2011
The IT and Data base Specialist is responsible for the management and support systems for the Foundation. The Incumbent will work under supervision of the Executive Director.
To support Windows PCs (XP or above)
• To ensure Windows and other software is maintained and that patches are promptly applied.
• To ensure anti-virus software is kept current.
• To ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with Foundation policies and procedures.
• To provide user support on hardware, networking and software related issues.
• To configure and troubleshoot laptops / desktops / printers
• To support Windows 2003/2008 Servers
• To ensure Windows Server and other software is maintained and that patches are promptly applied.
• Ensure To ensure anti-virus software is kept current.
• To maintain spare parts and perform hardware repairs and restoration
• To maintain network infrastructure including ISP, Cisco /router/adaptive appliance/wireless access point, Ethernet switch, PABX; perform routine Moves, Adds, and Changes whenever needed.
• To set up, maintain and support the IT infrastructure of offices as they are established.
• To assist with technical specifications, budget, and forecast the IT requirements for the offices and coordinate the procurement for the same.
• To supervise the performance of any IT firms or service provider hired to support the programs.
• To ensure compliance with Foundation Information Security policies, procedures and standards
• To maintain and document location of equipment
• Be prepared to distribute them quickly to other departments as needed.
• To maintain and to update Foundation website and other CSOs website
• To ensure that the Foundation team is assisted with data entry at peak grant application periods
• To test computers and ensuring that computer systems are functioning properly
• To physically set up computers and software system installation for various computer applications and programs
• To maintain and upgrade computer systems or offering recommendations on upgrades needed
• To maintain other computer peripheral devices such as printers and solving printing problems if they arise
• To carry out any other duties as you may be directed by the Director
Required qualifications and Experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Computer Engineering or another related field plus three years of relevant experience • Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Must have at least three years experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows PCs,servers,Printers and networks or similar work environment
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team oriented setting
• Competency in Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 server
• Competency in Microsoft Office 2003/2007
• Competency in Mail Programme (outlook) Microsoft Exchange and Internet software connection by radio link to ISP
• Competency in Database software
• Advanced skills in computer networks and use of routers, switches and security appliances
• Result oriented individual
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
• Problem solving and decision making
Interested applicants should send their CV, Cover Letter, copies of relevant certificates, full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail address, the names and contact details of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or by post to:
The Executive Director
The Foundation for Civil Society
Haidery Plaza, 5th Floor
Upanga/ Kisutu Street
P. O. Box 7192
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Website: Go to Website