Dorbe - LeitDate Listed: 30/05/2011
Application Deadline: 02/06/2011
Our client is East Africa's pioneering provider of triple play (broadband, multichannel cable television and voice telephony) and VSAT (broadband data and Internet) services.
With operations in Kenya and Tanzania, it is well positioned to roll out cutting edge services in the wider East African region alongside various financing, technology and delivery partners.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Financial Controller who will report and be accountable to the Chief Finance Officer.
Purpose of the Role
The Financial Controller is responsible for the accounting function of the Finance department including the setting up of internal control systems in support of the business objectives and ensuring that these comply with statutory requirements and related International Accounting Standards.
A major responsibility for the incumbent is to maintain an efficient and effective accounting and internal control systems.
• Oversee the Accounting function of the Finance department with the direct report staff comprising heads of various sections of the finance department
• Prepare monthly operating reports and other operational reports and compare performance against the budget
• Management of expenditure and payments as per budgets • Maintain statutory records and books of account as required under the Company’s Act
• Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts on a timely basis • Institute preventative and detective system of internal controls in the finance department and ensure the controls are consistently applied
• Maintenance of the Company’s key contracts, licences and other statutory records
• Manage interaction with key stakeholders such as bankers, suppliers, etc
• Ensure timely and accurate of reporting to external stakeholders
• Follow up collections and confirm all collection information
• Prepare financial statements and oversee the annual statutory audit for the company
• Carry out effective tax planning of the company and ensure tax compliance in liaison with company’s tax advisors and the KRA
• Any other responsibilities that are ordinarily performed by the finance department
Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will have related degree in Business plus an accounting qualification – CPA or ACCA in particular with at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
The following competencies are required:
• Ability to inspire and motivate the team
• Ability to excel under pressure
• Well developed commercial acumen
• Good people skills
• Approachable personality/interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Excellent organizational & analytical skills
Interested applicants should send their CV, Cover Letter, their current salary and benefits package to the Email Link above.
Website: Go to Website