Administration and Finance Manager
The Foundation for Civil SocietyArea: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 06/06/2011
This post is part of the Senior Management team within the Foundation.
You will be expected to function as part of this team, in a cooperative and effective manner, focusing on the following:
Human Resource Management for all sections of the Foundation
• To ensure transparent human resource policies are implemented in accordance with the approved staff policies and procedures.
• To ensure human resources are adequate at all times in all departments/units of the Foundation
• To manage the overall annual staff assessment process
• To review the staff policies and procedures
• To manage all grievance procedures
• To ensure equal opportunities are adhered to at all times.
• To oversee financial policies, procedures and regulations
• To ensure budget monitoring, cash flow projections, financial controls and operating systems are functioning and diligently enforced.
• To prepare annual budgets in accordance with Board requirements
• To monitor expenditure and ensure funds are effectively and efficiently accounted for.
• To prepare periodic and mandatory financial reports as per the Foundation’s and IFRS requirements
• To answer all audit queries and report
• To file the necessary reports to the Registrar of Companies
• To engage in fund raising activities whenever required
• To prepare and implement all tax implications for the Foundation as required by law
• To ensure efficient and user friendly administrative services are available to all parts of the Foundation
• To manage all staff in the administrative section, and ensure they are results-orientated.
• To ensure efficiency in filing, production of minutes for the Board and others when required
• To oversee the efficient use of administrative resources
• To ensure contract and procurement processes are in line with the Foundation’s Guidelines
• To manage oversight of all contracts, and contracting processes (including public tenders)
• To review the outputs from all contracts completed and recommend payments.
• Leader of the Finance team
• Leader of the Administrative Services teams
• Member of Management team
Decision Making (level and type)
• Financial approval as delegated by the Executive Director
• Human resources policies and procedures as delegated by the Executive Director
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Minimum education requirements
• At least a Bachelors Degree in Accounting. An MBA is highly preferable
• CPA or ACCA
• At least five years experience in management position, especially in the civil society sector. Experience is grant making organization is desirable.
Attributes, Competences and Skills
• Very high levels of integrity
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with people from different cultures
• Very good command of both spoken and written English and Swahili
• Very good command of the use of computers including the use of various accounting software such as Pastel, Sun systems, etc.
Interested applicants should send their CV, Cover Letter, copies of relevant certificates, full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail address, the names and contact details of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The Executive Director
The Foundation for Civil Society
Haidery Plaza, 5th Floor
Upanga/ Kisutu Street
P. O. Box 7192
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Website: Go to Website